Sunday, January 30, 2011

Busy Weekend!

Well actually I didn't have a busy weekend but it was SO nice!

Saturday night, Bo and I took our daughters, mothers and sisters - and Jo lol to the movies to see Burlesque with Cher and Christina Aguliera, well they were in it rather than that they went with us - that would be a whole other post lol.  We really enjoyed it - a real good chick flick with some VERY nice eye candy for us girls to drawl over and if you take your man I am sure with the danching and the ladies dressed as they are they won't be to boared either!  If you get a chance get a bunch of girlfriends together and go :-)

So apart from going to the movies I managed to make a couple of cards and want to enter them into the Southern Girls Challenge - the first time that I have ever done this so wish me luck.  All that I had to include on the card was dry embossing  - so it was time to get out the cuttlebug and play with my spellbinders dies and embossing folders!
I have used the Lilly of the valley stamped images care of Jo - thanks mate oh and Jo I think we need to get a second job so we can buy more of them!



On the back of them - and I apologise for the crappy photo (new camera is on the birthday list but that is in June) is my new stamp that I had made:
And watching me create is Basil - he has made his new bed on the bean bag with a mink blanket then Nigel's nice merino jersey - do you think he might be comfortable?
Funny thing is since we have done the renovations he won't get in his usual bed and our makeshift lounge he won't come in either - strange!

Righto best i get off here and go and settle one teenage daughter who tomorrow starts High School for the first time - man she is so worked up and nervous we are walking on eggshells tonight!

Have a great week everyone :-)

6 comments:

Kirsti said...

Kyllä on taas kauniit kortit:)

rumble said...

Very cool cards
Great movie definitely one to add to my DVD list

Bo

Rach said...

These are gorgeous card, so sweet.x

Dianne H said...

Gorgeous cards Rachel. Is that sewing on the first one? lol - Good Luck with Southern Girls. Love your personalised stamp too. Hope Abby's day went well.

mandyb said...

how cool is that stamp!!! love it!!!

hope abby's week goes well

mandyb

Joanne said...

I am hearing ya, looking for second job, NOT! one is bad enough.
Good job on cards, very impressive, mine still in pieces :(