Sunday, June 05, 2011

Happy Queens Birthday Weekend

I hope everyone is having a safe and happy long weekend.

Apart from watching Jamie's rugby on Saturday at Geraldine (they won 45 - 10) and doing housework - we haven't done much else. 
I sat down to play yesterday trying to make myself a template for a step card.  I couldn't find the right dimensions for what I wanted so after wrecking only 3 pieces of card I came up with what i wanted.

I have used a digi image called Silver Fairy from Wee Stamps - these are seriously cute!
And very cheap converted in NZ dollars this was only $3.70.
Here is a look at what i have done;



Now just in case you are interested in digital stamping - here is what I have learnt through trial and error so far - please feel free to add your comments and suggestions to share if you have further information.
Because I use Distress inks to colour in I use a Epsom printer as it has dura bright ink and is water resistant ink - they have these on special at The warehouse stationary at the moment for $39.00 - all Epsom printers i believe have dura bright ink so the $39.00 ones are all you need!  (and this is full of ink - who replaces ink these days?).
It is best if you print on your card and I use water colour paper and then leave it for a couple of days to thoroughly dry - but I have also coloured straight away but it really is better to leave it.
I have tried "Hot pressed water colour paper" but prefer the normal watercolour paper (which is cold pressed) as the shading is better on this paper.
You can of course use word and flip your image or make it as small or as big as you like - one size does not fit all lol!
I hope that has helped a little?
Right off to play again I think!
Thanks for stopping bye and I hope you are all having a great weekend.



6 comments:

Joanne said...

Hi ya
Well Done!!!! It is very cute!!!
Look forward to seeing tomorrows creations.
Cheers
Joanne

Kirsti said...

Kaunis keijukais kortti. Hyvää sunnuntaita.

Bronwyn said...

So very gorgeous
Thanks for the digital printing tips
She will have another couple for us by tomorrow Jo

Bo

Dianne H said...

Gorgeous step card Rachel. Thanks for the printing tips. Look fwd to seeing more.

Sylvia Zet said...

Beautiful card Rachel. Love the colours you used and the shape of your card.

Anonymous said...

Hola
)))))))))) no puedo creerle:)
http://www.ddl17.com/
Dougles